Who we are
Our website address is: https://mifam.io.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who we share your data with
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Sites powered by BuddyPress rely heavily on user-provided data. In this section, you should note what data you collect, from both registered users and anonymous visitors.
When you register for the site, you may be asked to provide certain personal data for display on your profile. The “Name” field is required as well as public, and user profiles are visible to any site visitor. Other profile information may be required or optional, as configured by the site administrator.
User information provided during account registration can be modified or removed on the Profile > Edit panel. In most cases, users also have control over who is able to view a particular piece of profile content, limiting visibility on a field-by-field basis to friends, logged-in users, or administrators only. Site administrators can read and edit all profile data for all users.
This site records certain user actions, in the form of “activity” data. Activity includes updates and comments posted directly to activity streams, as well as descriptions of other actions performed while using the site, such as new friendships, newly joined groups, and profile updates.
The content of activity items obey the same privacy rules as the contexts in which the activity items are created. For example, activity updates created in a user’s profile is publicly visible, while activity items generated in a private group are visible only to members of that group. Site administrators can view all activity items, regardless of context.
Activity items may be deleted at any time by users who created them. Site administrators can edit all activity items.
The content of private messages is visible only to the sender and the recipients of the message. With the exception of site administrators, who can read all private messages, private message content is never visible to other users or site visitors. Site administrators may delete the content of any message.
We use a cookie to show success and failure messages to logged-in users, in response to certain actions, like joining a group. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted immediately after the next page load.
When a logged-in user creates a new group, we use a number of cookies to keep track of the group creation process. These cookies contain no personal data, and are deleted either upon the successful creation of the group or after 24 hours.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY
- Do protect your personal privacy and that of others by not including personal information about yourself or others in your comments (such as names, email addresses, private addresses or phone numbers).
- Do represent your own views and do not impersonate or falsely represent any other person.
- Do not post material to the forum that infringes the intellectual property rights of others.
- Do post material to our social media pages or news feeds that is relevant to the topics and issues being discussed.
- Do not post identical or near-identical versions of the same content.
- Do not post content promoting personal and professional interests.
- Do not promote commercial interests in your posts.
- Do not post overtly party political comment (e.g. reference to candidates, fundraisers, support for political parties).
- Do not re-post other people’s appeals, requests or offers, or anything that could be considered spam.
DISCRIMINATION AND OFFENSIVE CONTENT
- Do not use obscene or offensive language.
- Do not use insulting, provocative or hateful language.
- Do not abuse, harass or threaten others.
- Do not make defamatory or libellous comments.
- Do not post anything which is likely to offend, insult or humiliate others, particularly on the basis of their race, colour, descent, national origin, religion, ethnicity, gender, age, sexual orientation or any disability.
- Do not post anything which vilifies others on the basis of their race or religion.
- Do not post anything which incites, induces or aids violence, discrimination, harassment, victimisation or hatred towards others.
- Do not incite or encourage conduct that may constitute a criminal or civil offence or otherwise violate Australian law.
- Be mindful when posting descriptions or personal stories that they are not gratuitously graphic, or could be deemed as deliberately upsetting for other users.